Aes Sídhe Aes Sídhe

Sent shivers down my spine.

DanJohansen responds:

Awesome, thanks for the compliment Rupert my man! \m/

All Alone (Instrumental) All Alone (Instrumental)

You have some killer tones going on with your guitars and I liked the composition a lot.

But you need to tweak your compressor settings a lot. The song will get louder and quieter depending on how much is going on and at the moment it's a little extreme. The volume right now is more like the waves of the ocean instead of a even line.

Also your clean guitar was a bit out of tune. Not too noticeable though.

cursed666 responds:

Ah yes, the compressor issue... I still have no idea how to fix that, I've tried all manner of variation in my compressor settings, nothing seems to make a difference... Perhaps it's just because the stock FL Studio compressor sucks (Or maybe I suck at using it?).

The guitar was somewhat out of tune, I think it's because the strings are two years old but, let's be honest, it's probably because I haven't played guitar in so long I'm rusty.

Thanks for the review though, I gotta say out of all my Metal submissions, this one is my favorite. Did a lot of work on it, spent a lot of time I didn't have lol

Wrong Bus Wrong Bus

I really liked your song. It sounds so nice and innocent in the first half, and I love it. It's very calming/relaxing. I also liked the second half of the song where the mood changes entirely. It's a different kind of sound but it's still really pumping and sounds pretty rad.

The only thing that bothered me in the song was the the actual process of the key and mood change at 2:33. I felt that specific moment seemed really out of place, as since the pitch is shifting down, it creates a creepy kind of sound, where as the rest of the song gives a determined or dreary sound. Minor complaint though.

Nice song :)

Lethal-Input responds:

Thanks! My intention was to make the transition sound creepy and dissonant compared to the beginning. It could have been done better, but eh I was good enough with it to keep it in the song.

Tracing the Garden of Sol - Intro Tracing the Garden of Sol - Intro

I'm sorry, but I can't say I liked this much. I'm all for ambient music- as it can influence your emotions and thinking in really awesome ways. Unfortunately, this wasn't really ambient music. It just sounded like a bunch of ambient sound clips overlapped with each other and expanded for 7:36 with minor variance.

Perhaps if it had some sort of music to it, I would enjoy it more, but as it stands, there's just not much going for it...

Fubaka responds:

As I said, this is only a clip from a much longer song. The full song has more of what you are looking for. That is, if you have the patience for a 32 minute long song. :P

Thanks for your honest feedback.

(F) _Drowning in Sugar_ (F) _Drowning in Sugar_

That was thoroughly weird. Not in a bad way- I just don't know how to describe the feeling it gave me. Uneasy maybe?

I liked the sound you went for right from the beginning. The instruments you went with immediately sounded pleasing to my ears. Also the whispered screaming sound from 1:01 onward was really fascinating as it marked the turning point in the song, along with the ritardando, diminuendo, and pitch shift. It was all very unsettling and felt almost surreal.

I did feel that the beginning started too quietly and too slowly, however. This isn't a big issue but I wasn't sure if that was the intended volume or not and ended up turning my speakers up only to turn them down once the volume increased. Maybe shortening your fade in would help?

Anyway, this was a very fascinating piece. While I can't say I "enjoyed" it (I don't think that was the intended effect), it was unique and I definitely liked it for that.

Fubaka responds:

This was a highly experimental piece, so I understand your feelings toward it.

I do feel the beginning was a tad too slow, but that's due mainly to the fact that most of my songs are not like this one, and by their nature, must start slowly. It's hard to break from that mold after long enough.

His Crooked Nose His Crooked Nose

That was thoroughly disturbing. You hit the nail on the head, good job!

jmagnum responds:

I Will Rise. I Will Rise.

That sounded amazing.

Hivemind Hivemind

I liked your song as it had pretty fantastic atmosphere. I loved the choir.
I wasn't a big fan of the snare sample though. It sounded a little too tight and didn't have enough reverb on it which made it sound out of place.

Regardless, good job :)

Sanziri/Miloweda Sanziri/Miloweda

I really like the melody here. It sounds nice. Though, if possible, I'd recommend finding a more lagato sounding instrument here as it didn't quite fit the mood. The sound it made was too abrupt and didn't flow very well. Regardless, it was a nice piece.

Also, sorry to hear about your milk. RIP in peace.

AyzanNightbane responds:

You just brought back past trauma. I hope that moment never repeats in the history called my life.
Thanks for the advice though. BD

P.S The milk part. Didn't get to experience that today. God bless.

Our story Our story

I found the way you handled transitions to be quite interesting, if not a little abrupt.
Still, I enjoyed this song and loved the progression in it!

DayDreamingFox responds:

It did sound rather odd to my ear too, but i shrugged it off and decided to go with instinct. Thanks for your kind words! :)